Friday, March 27, 2009

Different Robin Sharp: Bean Label Collector

There are many people named 'Robin Sharp' in the world.

Since I'm the only Robin Sharp who runs 'robinsharp.com', I believe it's my duty to give some attention to others with my namesake every once and while.

Today's entry is about a gentleman in England nicknamed 'Mr. Bean'; he is the proud owner of 350 bean tin labels (some from as far as 'New Zealand'!)

You can read about him here.

Update:
Robin has gotten back to us in the comments section.

2 comments:

  1. Thank you, namesake, for featuring me (the original Robin Sharp)on your website. Of course, I might take it amiss that a mere whippersnapper should have appropriated the 'robinsharp.com' domain without reference to his elders, but I suppose I should have got in first.

    There are quite a few Robin Sharps in the East Anglia area of the UK alone, let alone the rest of the World.

    Anyway, young Robin, do you eat baked beans? I don't seem to have any labels emanating from the old Dominion of Canada in my collection.....

    Fratenal greetings from the old country,

    Robin Sharp

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a message for the Robin Sharp who collects baked beans labels. My name is Jamie Murray Wells and I founded Glasses Direct, the largest online supplier of prescription glasses. I am currently doing some research into packaging and I wondered if you would have time to drop me a line as I would very much like to have a chat. If you would be good enough to drop me a line jamie@glassesdirect.co.uk it would be much appreciated.

    To the Robin Sharp who authors this blog: apologies for using the comments stream of this post to get in touch with someone! I would be most grateful if you could forward this message on to Robin if you have his details, and also to delete this post once we're in touch. Many thanks

    ReplyDelete