Sunday, January 24, 2010

Sights of London

My blog has suddenly gone international.

I'm staying in London for a while to trade a Canadian winter with a balmy, though constantly raining, one in England. I'm going to be working on some new writing projects over here.

I had a walk around town this afternoon and I thought I'd share some photos.

They don't beat around the bush with business names over here.

See what I mean?

Who's Frank?

What's he doing to that little person?

Gangster rap is hot over here too.

Some shoe, huh? I can't wait to see this 'Priscilla' woman on display. I wonder if she's chained up like Kong...

6 comments:

  1. Hi Robin,sorry for this intrusion but did your grandfather paint in oils? I have a rather large and colourful painting by Ivor Sharp, Montreal 1974,the canvas is rolled which would have been easier to transport to the UK, could this be his work? kind regards,Belinda.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Belinda

    Yes, he was a painter as well as a photographer, and he lived in Montreal in 1974. I'm sure it's his.

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh wow,i'm thrilled to bits!!i think he may have gone to brittany in 73?

    ReplyDelete
  4. i can send you a photo if you would like to see the painting

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey Belinda

    He was traveling a lot in those days so it's a good possibility. I'd love to see the painting; could you send a photo of it to robinsharp@gmail.com?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good morning Robin, I will take a couple of photos when the light is better later this morning ,it's a little dreary in Devon at the moment and flash photography will not do it justice!regards again,Belinda,

    ReplyDelete